Agents of the BIPE (Police of Investigation) and the ERTA (equivalent to the SWAT) on the other side agents of the GOPE (Especial forces of the Normal Police), LABOCAR (CSI) and the Department of Intelligence of the police and a series of helicopters and police cars whas the armory who used the police for the 17 raids, in Santiago and Valparaiso, during the dawn on the Saturday 14 of August. Between the 17 houses, three are Squats and Socials Center being the squats La Crota Bike Punk and the Squat Social Center and Library Sacco and Vanzetti in Santiago downtown and the Autonomous Social Center Jhonny Cariqueo in the Pudahuel municipality. Two houses were raided in Valparaiso. The excuse for this police operation falls in the “Bomb Case”, and 23 of the attacks with explosive registered in Santiago, according with the police version would have direct links with those arrested.
The first raid was in the squat La Crota Bike Punk by the GOPE where the result was 6 companions arrested. Of the six detainees were kidnapped three, a female comrade with arrest warrant and for the other two the police invented traces of TNT in his hands.
Then was the turn of the SSC and Library Sacco and Vanzetti, by the ERTA and the BIPE where they take out the metallic grid of the window with a police car. The agents also realized shootings whit rubber bullets, hiting the body of two companions. From this space were arrested 5 companions and one remain kidnapped.
At the same time was raided the ASC and Libertary Library Jhonny Cariqueo in the Pudahuel municipality, in this space the police breaking in smashing access doors and no one was arrested.
Also the police raided 14 particular houses, 12 in Santiago and 2 in Valparaiso.
With a total of 17 raids realized by the defenders of the order and 14 companions kidnapped.
Formalization of the hostages.
This Saturday around 16:00 pm the companions where brought before the 11º Santiago Court Guarantee where the southern prosecution recuest extend the detention until next Tuesday, 17 August, where they would be concluded by "installation of explosive or incendiary devices and terrorist conspiracy" (law made by Pinochet), question which the Ministry of Interior would also make part risking 20 years. During the hearing, demonstrated once again the circus nature of the Chilean courts. Judge Lidia Bruna agreed to each and every one of the requests of the Prosecutor and the Ministry of Interior (press presence, extending the period of detention for three days, isolation of the companions among themselves and the outside, and also the order to bring the police collaborator Gustavo Fuentes "El Grillo" to the audience next Tuesday, to formalize with the rest of the alleged members of this "terrorist conspiracy." The vultures of the bourgeois press were all in the courtroom and fired their flashes once the judge gave the signal for the guards to enter the companions.
The arguments of the defense were heard and denied one after another. The judge had everything ready for each resolution automatically read it with her voice of old bitch of a paper above his deck. When they ask to a companion if they had reclaims to do in relation to detention, he said he had been repeatedly threatened with death, and she responds “that’s all?”. Neither seemed to attract much attention the story about the destruction of particular houses of the companions. The Prosecution justify the injuries cause by the police to a companion of the Sacco and Vanzetti (a rubber bullet in his head and a kick on the nose) in the fact it would have looked out a window of the building throwing things and destroying evidence, thing that the companion denied this version inmediately calling of “Imaginative”, was reprimanded for showing disrespect to prosecutors. So beating and threatening people with death and rupture unnecessarily houses is part of normal that judges uphold, but any questioning of the repressive apparatus can not take place in this circus. This lady continued with the same attitude when defense counsel had talked about an "orchestration" between the different media to blame ours comrades.
When it became clear that the show was already ceasing to continue on Tuesday at 9:00pm, began to feel the cheering of support, very welcomed by the spirits of our companions. Canvases spread outside the courtroom, were sung songs of support ("Free the prisoners to fight"), the expression of the old fascist lady was of disgust and horror, some bodyguards immediately surround the prosecutor Alejandro Peña. After wrangling between those who went to support our comrades with two types of police dogs (police and press), the fascist judge made another signal that the 14 comrades were taked inside and then, from the cells area, came a contingent furious policemen armed with sticks and shields, which flew over the banks of defendants and lawyers with the clear intention of beating up friends and relatives of the detainees. Of course, the bourgeois press has noted that all the comrades who came to support, as bad as the accused, attacked the press and other guardians of the capitalist order, but the truth is that the aggression came from the guards, while police and journalists beat many people savagely, and outside the enclosure were joined by riot police launching a manhunt that was not intended to arrest any one but to punish directly. The companion Luisa Vergara was closed with a traumatic brain injury, the mother of one of the detainees had minor injuries caused by a fucking journalist, and luckily most of the windows of this shit temple (courts) were destroyed to be used against the officers. Also, several journalists were beaten and their cameras damaged. No companion was arrested but many were beaten by the agents.
Once outside of the courts the companions found out that the SSC and Library Sacco and Vanzetti was being closed for a joint operation by the two police departments. During the afternoon, the building had been guarded by a truck from the PDI (Police Of Investigation), whose occupants at first denied the entry of a group of companion, but later agreed to let in and take some things, warning that there was an order not to leave the building were reoccupied. Hours later, at about 18:30, police had entered the squat and were carrying out work to close all access. The Library and all the other things that were not seized (this time took little in the raid) remained sequestered there. The police did not exhibit any eviction order or anything, and said it was orders of the prosecutor. They also said the squat would be recovered by their legitimate owners, the ISP (Internal Revenue Service). A quick operation that took them by surprise yielded a number of books that were put to safe, sparking a short police chase in the area without any one arrested.
The Kidnapped Companions are:
- Pablo Morales: Ex-Lautarista (A military political organization that operates in Chile at the end of the dictatorship and the beginning of democracy). Arrested at his house in Santiago.
- Rodolfo Retamales: Ex-Lautarista. Arrested at his house in Santiago. Also was raided their parent’s house.
- Omar Hermosilla: Ex-Lautarista. Arrested at his house in Santiago.
- Andrea Urzùa: In 2008 the police say that she trained to enter nitroglycerin inside one of the jails in Argentina where they were Freddy Fuentevilla y Marcelo Villarroel (companions in trail for a bank robbery). Arrested at his house in Santiago
- Felipe Guerra: Arrested in SSC and Library Sacco and Vanzetti. Also was raided his mom’s house. The companion was injured by agents of the ERTA.
- Cristian Cancino: He was arrested in the squat “La Idea” after the dead of Mauricio Morales (comrade killed by his own bomb on May 22, 2009), where the police charged him with almost 500 grams of black gunpowder. Cristian decided to assume his guilt in a short trail to go out of jail.
- Carlos Riveros: Arrested at his house in Santiago.
- Camilo Perez: Arrested at his house in Santiago.
- van Goldenberg: Arrested at his house in Valparaiso. Police say the gun he was carrying Mauricio Morales at the time of his death, was owned by the grandfather of Ivan.
- Candelaria Cortès-Monroy: Arrested at his house in Santiago. Candelaria in 2008 was stabbed by Gustavo Fuentes aka "El Grillo" who was his partner and who is accused of installing bombs.
- Francisco Solar: Arrested at his house in Valparaiso. -Monica Caballero: Arrested at the squat “La Crota”.
- Diego Morales: Arrested at the squat “La Crota”. The police invented that Diego has in his hands traces of TNT.
- inicio Aguilera: Arrested at the squat “La Crota”. The police inveted that Vinicio also has in his hands traces of TNT.
All male companions are in the high security prison and feamle comrades in Women's Counseling Center.
Immediate Solidarity with our companions kidnapped by the Power!
The “terrorist conspiracy” exists only in the head of the prosecutor Peña!
More info, pictures and video: (In Spanish) http://hommodolars.org/web/spip.php?article3395